Monday, November 3, 2014

30 Facts About Me {November Blogathon}

It's time to start the Blogathon! Today's topic is to share 30 facts about me. So let's get started! 

1.  I am a typical Leo.
2.  I married my high school sweetheart. We have been together over half my life and almost half of Brent's. My parents and in-laws are also high school sweethearts, and my sister also married hers.
3.  I get weirdly obsessive about books, movies, etc. When I find something I LOVE {Outlander perhaps?}, it is all I can think or talk about. I have to contain myself to not weird everyone out.
4.  I hope to have 1 more child, but I have to convince my husband of that first.
5.  My favorite book of all time is Gone with the Wind. I read it in high school and my room was decorated in movie memorabilia for a long time.
6.  I have a sugar addiction. It is bad.
7.  Watching the documentary The Business of Being Born was life-changing for me. It motivated me to have natural childbirth with Drew and began my obsession with natural childbirth that I hope to someday support as a doula.
8.  I love soup but married a man who doesn't.
9.  I want to live near my family always.
10. I have been breastfeeding for 22 consecutive months. I'm kind of getting over it but am pushing to hit 2 years.
11. I want to visit all of the United Kingdom.
12. I think Tex-Mex is the best food ever.
13. I have had 2 accidents that totaled my cars. Neither were my fault.
14. I love to wear Maxi skirts with tee shirts. It is my uniform, and I wish I had about 10 more of them.
15. I am messy. Not dirty but messy. There is definitely a difference.
16. I am a native Texan.
17. I don't like my name. When my mom was pregnant with me, they thought I was going to be a boy, so they didn't have a girl name. My mom was reading a book with the main character named Alaina. After I was born, my mom suggested it but to spell it like my dad's middle name {Allen}. I like the story but not the name.
18. The only time I've ever been under anesthesia was when I had my wisdom teeth out.
19. We are building our dream home and will hopefully be in it in 6 months!
20. I hate a lot of foods. Eggs, tomatoes, onions, squash, mushrooms, seafood...
21. I am starting to get gray hairs. I don't want to dye my hair, so I am pulling them out. Denial much?
22. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I might have listened to a Pandora Christmas station.
23. I love being pregnant. I didn't love gaining roughly 40-45 pounds twice.
24. I am 'tender-hearted' as my mom calls it. Meaning I am a big fat crybaby.
25. I also have a nasty temper.
26. I always wanted 1 of my kids to get Brent's blue eyes or freckles. I am 0 for 2. Which is why I need another baby.
27. I am pretty clumsy.
28. My favorite color is pink, but the color I decorate the most with is an icy-blue.
29. I was resistant to e-readers when they first came out, but I love my Kindle.
30. I am nerdily obsessed with blogging. I start way too many stories 'There's this blog I read...' But I love all the friends I have made along the way and can't wait to see where blogging takes me!

So that's 30 facts about me! It took me longer than I thought it would, but it was fun thinking of stuff I wanted to share. See y'all tomorrow! #NovemberBlogathon

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Another baby?! You go girl!! I'm exhausted with one! LOL!
Also, good for you on breastfeeding for so long!!

the blogivers said...

#2 is crazy to me! Seriously, what are the odds??

Kathryn Bagley said...

So fun getting to know some things I didn't know!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Hahahahaha! I totally start so many stories with "One of my blog friends said today..."

Also, the soup thing is funny. I like soup, but Chris doesn't either. I don't get it. Who doesn't like soup?