Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Perfect Date

Tuesday was one of those days I just want to remember.  Brent and I both have made comments about wanting/needing to spend more time together.  We love each other, we're committed to this marriage, but life (and a toddler) sometimes gets in the way of really making our marriage a priority.  So my sweetie asked me out on a date this week...swoon.  Most Tuesday nights, Trent spends the night with the fabulous in-laws making this a perfect night for a date.  We went to Gloria's and just had a magical time together.  It was one of those nights where the conversation was great - I even learned stuff about him that I didn't know - and that's hard to do after almost 15 years together.  We laughed, we had great food, we talked, talked, talked.  We even got some frozen yogurt.  Then?  This morning I got this:  



Y'all - I think he loves me!  I am one lucky lady!!


7 comments:

the blogivers said...

Love Gloria's! And like I said in my post today, I wish I could make date night a weekly thing for us!

Danielle Older said...

Cory and I have done a date night EVERY week for the last 3 years. We may not have a child yet, but with working at the same place it makes us stop and just focus on each other. We look forward to them every week. Hope you guys can keep them up!

KristenW said...

Love this! Now I feel bad for texting you that night! (not really) I want to see what you blurred out in the boxes.. now, that is probably the good stuff!!

Allena said...

Nah, the deleted stuff was him asking me to fax some stuff for him - ha!

Meg said...

Awww so sweet, love it! Good idea to take some time to spend just the two of you!

Kelly said...

So sweet!! I love that I knew you guys when you admitted you liked one another and started dating. :)

Anonymous said...

That's SO nice!! And good for y'all! I know it's hard with kids to just have dinner together, so I think it's great that y'all are making it a priority.:)

Rhonda