Monday, July 25, 2011

Movie Review: Thor (Plus: A Parenting Rant)

Allison and I finally made it to see 'Thor'.  She wasn't really excited about this film, but we saw it at the dollar theatre (and I bought her ticket - ha), so I think it worked out okay for her.


Plot: The powerful but arrogant warrior Thor is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard and sent to live amongst humans on Earth, where he soon becomes one of their finest defenders. {imdb.com}

Review: I loved it!  This movie had it all - action, comedy, romance - it really played to all audiences.

Well, ALMOST all audiences.  Allison and I were both appalled to see more than 1 baby and toddler in the 7:20 PM showing.  There were several parents who had to take a crying child out of the theatre.  I just want to say that if you can't afford a babysitter, wait for the movie to come out on video.  That movie was LOUD and violent.  Plus, I don't know any baby or toddler who willingly is awake at 9:30 when the movie ended.  Seriously people, let's put the needs of our children over our desire to see a movie.  [Steps down from soapbox.]

The all-too-short shirtless Thor scene was worth the price of a ticket too - ha!  And I can't wait for The Avengers next summer and Thor 2 in 2013!!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I want to see Thor! (plus he is who should have been cast as Jack Reacher not stinking Tom Cruise)