Friday, March 31, 2023

Wicked Girl

If my memory is working correctly, I've seen 17 Broadway musicals in NYC, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Austin. It would be hard to rank them because so many of them were AMAZING! BUT my #1 has been the same for almost 17 years...


Seeing it on Broadway in December 2006 with my dad's cousin, Kyle
{She's our resident New Yorker}

I have been playing the soundtrack on-and-off for years, and Drew has grown to love the music, and we've talked about going to see it together for a long time. 

Christmas 2021

Covid kept us down for a little while, then Broadway Across America didn't have it coming to Austin...and I finally got fed-up and figured out last spring that it would be in Houston in summer 2023. I kept watching for when tickets would go on-sale, signed up for email alerts and got tickets for myself, Drew, and my mother-in-law right before Christmas for us to go in early June!

We're turning it into a little Gurley girl getaway - we are seeing a matinee on Sunday and then going out to eat and staying the night in Houston. I booked us a room at the same hotel where Brent's company does their holiday party - where they have a Texas shaped lazy river {grin}.

Excited to swim here - don't want to try it out in December!

My mother-in-law called me the other day to tell me she got an email about next season's Broadway Across America shows coming to Austin...and Wicked is coming. OF COURSE! But not until next spring, so I'm glad to not have to wait another year, and I'm super excited for our little GGG and to experience this with Drew!!


1 comments: