Friday, June 28, 2019

2019 Goals: Mid-Year CheckIn

I can't believe 2019 is just about half over! Since I only hit my 2018 goals at about 50% - and frankly forgot I even set some as goals, ha - I thought it would be good to check-in at the halfway point and see how things are looking!

First, I wanted to start with our family motto: ORGANIZATION. I had a whole list of things we were going to do every day during the school year, and while it wasn't perfect, we did stick with that for the most part, yay! Summer we've been a little more relaxed, but I am making the kids help more, and I would say we have less days where I look around and go 'what happened?' We've even gotten into a somewhat habit of doing a big family pickup on Sundays so that we start Monday with a clean house - love it! We could always do better, but I'm pleased with where we are!!

Now onto my specific goals!

1. Damnit Already - Lose the Damn Weight - I'm going to do a full post about this in the next couple of weeks, but I did want to report that there is progress happening! This is going to take a LONG time, but I've been sticking to a plan longer than I ever have before, so I'm hopeful and optimistic that I'm going to be successful finally!

2. Try New Meals - Yup! I would guess I've made at least 5 new recipes. I haven't been tracking what I've tried, but I have 2 or 3 that have gone over well with most of the family and I've added to our rotation, yay! My favorite is probably a chicken meatball recipe. I'm still trying at least 1 new one a month, although to be honest my cooking has really slowed down over the summer.

3. Back on the Picture Uploading - Yup! I got all of 2018 uploaded within the last couple of weeks, so I need to get 2019 started, but I'm pretty happy with this one!

4. Reduce Weekend Screen Time - Guys, I'm struggling here. Here's my dilemma - when Paige naps, I like to nap, and it's so nice to just let the kids be on their screens. They are old enough to entertain themselves, so I need to be better about letting them choose - you get xx amount of time to use when you want, but I'm not going to be your only source of entertainment when you aren't on screens ha.

5. REPEAT - Get Outside!!! - We are doing good here! I would say we more often than not spend 2 hours outside every day. I would like to bump this up and also find some new parts/outside activities to do. One of my good friends, Kelly, does a lot of nature trails. She lives about 30 minutes from me, so I need to figure out where she goes because there's nothing I know of in our town. There's this awesome park that does guided trail walks on Tuesdays, but the timing is during the girls' dance class time, so that won't work until the fall when their class times change. But bottom line, we are doing way better than we were this time last year!

6. REPEAT - Finish Trent and Drew's Baby Books - Um...still have done nothing! This should be so easy haha. I don't want to give my kids pathetic baby books like mine was ha.

I'm pretty proud of how these look!! Here's to finishing 2019 strong!

1 comments:

Emily said...

I love goal check-ins! Props on the weight loss progress - it’s always so slow but progress is so much more encouraging than staying flat! And I’m super impressed by your outside time! You are doing better than us! This week PA temps hit 90 which means if we aren’t in the pool, we are usually hiding in the AC because I’m a wimp. But the pool has great!