Thursday, May 30, 2019

Movie Review: Booksmart

Is anyone surprised that Allison and I went to see a movie titled Booksmart? Nope!


Plot: On the eve of their high school graduation, two academic superstars and best friends realize they should have worked less and played more. Determined not to fall short of their peers, the girls try to cram four years of fun into one night.

Review: Guys, almost a week later, and I'm still not sure what I think about this movie! For about the first third, it just seemed SO ridiculous. Then Allison and I decided we needed to separate ourselves from reality because this film wasn't set in reality. {grin} Once we did that, we enjoyed it a lot more. It was just so over-the-top, which we weren't expecting, so I think it kept me from enjoying it for what it was. The 2 lead girls are so great, I loved their dynamic and how they interacted, and there are several of the secondary characters that are so funny, and a lot of the scenes are really witty, but just don't go into thinking it's going to be a 'real' movie, if that makes any sense!

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I had to watch the trailer for this..and yea seems a little ridic..ha!

Emily said...

This kept popping up in my IG sponsored content (why? I have no idea) and it really intrigued me so I’m happy you did a review on it! Your gripe about it not being a “real” movie is my major gripe with most comedies, specifically movies like “Superbad” where it feels a tad too outlandish. Given how infrequently I watch movies, I’ll probably never see this lol but if I do randomly end up watching it, I’ll set expectations accordingly.