Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Double Movie Review: Three Billboards & PP3

Allison and I saw 2 movies in December, so we're definitely getting back into our movie groove - yay! We figure there are 6 in theatres we need to see before the Oscars, so January and February should be pleasantly busy!

First up, we saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. This is expected to be nominated for Best Picture.



Plot: A mother personally challenges the local authorities to solve her daughter's murder when they fail to catch the culprit.

Review: I'm not really sure what to say about this movie. I was entertained by it 100%, but it was also over-the-top in so many ways. Many of the characters were extremely bizarre and did outrageously unbelievable things. I felt like I had to suspend belief several times. But I was also totally invested in what was going on. A lot of the acting was SUPERB {I think Woody Harrelson was my favorite}, but it was hard to overlook my issues with the plot. Rating: B

Second, we watched Pitch Perfect 3. We have seen all 3 of the Pitch Perfect trilogy together going back to right before Drew was born!


Plot: Following their win at the world championship, the now separated Bellas reunite for one last singing competition at an overseas USO tour, but face a group who uses both instruments and voices.

Review: If you enjoyed the first 2, you'll enjoy this. It's funny because I said the reason I didn't like Three Billboards was because it was over-the-top, but I guess that could also be used to describe this trilogy. BUT in a comedy, that's a good thing! Fat Amy continues to kill me, the singing is so fun, the girls are ridiculous - just some great fun! Rating: A-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad the PP movies are over! Waaahhh! Onto the *interesting* Oscar noms! - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

You have to see The greatest showman-so good! the music was excellent and Hugh jackman..hello!