Friday, September 1, 2017

September 2017 Goals

It's goals time! It's funny as I go back and look at previous months {and going back years} and see consistent themes related to eating and exercise, ha. I'm nothing if not consistent in my inability to keep on track with those. But I guess it says something that I don't quit!

Here's the recap of my August goals:

1. 10,000 Steps - I definitely didn't get 10,000 steps every day, but I majorly stepped up my walking and maintaining activity. My FitBit crapped out on me, but I can tell a day where I get a lot of steps and know what I need to do.
2. Make Bed Every day - I would say I did this 80% of the time and really love how that little 2-minute activity motivated me to keep our room picked up better.
3. Couch to 5K - I'm still going strong on this. I'm in week 5 and will continue onward.
4. Trent's Closet - If our summer nanny did this for me, does this count? I'm saying yes! She kept just Paige one day, so when Paige napped she did chores for me. 
5. Upload Pictures - Check!
6. Finish Girls' Dresses - Nope, but my MIL is coming over today for us to work on it more! The big staller was we took my sewing machine in for a tune-up, and it took several weeks to get it back.
7. For real, create a will - Emily reminded me that my company has a Group Legal plan that I have never thought about. So I did NOT create a will online because I plan on enrolling in our plan and using a real lawyer to do this with us, score!

I had a hard time thinking of goals for September, so it's not super great, but maybe that means I'll be more successful?


1. Try 2 New Recipes - I feel in a rut with cooking {although Brent said he was happy with what I was cooking so that is nice}, so I want to try some new recipes. I cooked something new last night, but it wasn't a winner, so back to the drawing board Pinterest.

2. OTF - I joined Orange Theory Fitness for a new location, and it opens this month. I want to get after it!!!

3. Clean Kitchen Island - My latest cleaning goal is to keep our kitchen island cleaner and have it be totally clean every night before I go to bed.

4. Fruits and Veggies - I want to increase my fruit and veggie intake this month. For the last week {#lame} I've been doing better, and I want to keep it up.

5. Order Prints - I have 5 sets of professional pictures I need to do something with. (1) Birth pictures, (2) Newborn pics, (3) Paige's 3-month photos, (4) Paige's 6-month photos, (5) #theSwopesix pictures - I'm not 100% sure what I want to do with my birth pictures {maybe a photo book?}, but the rest I want/need to print pictures!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Our kitchen island (for us, peninsula) has always been top 5 hardest spots to keep clean. In our new house, I found I was better at keeping it clean when I removed any permanent item, such as the kitchen aid mixer and fresh fruit bowl. For some reason, having nothing at all on it has made it easier to keep clean. I'm not sure why; perhaps it has something to do with blank surfaces, but it really is a motivator for me.