Monday, August 15, 2016

Lovin' on Trent

I never blogged about celebrating Trent's birthday because we planned to eventually have a party for his friends...and that never happened. #parentfail

So what we did do was have his grandparents and cousins over ON his birthday, and he was very happy with that.

Opening presents

The love of Legos is strong in this one...still. {grin}

Star Wars Lego set - I wonder if this is what we'll be getting him at 17?


Hugging Nana after opening her presents

The food - Chick-fil-a nuggets, friends, fruit, chips, and cupcakes - 
Simple but delicious!


He and Miles started building right away.

We had to force him to stop building and let us sing to him.
He's not a big sweets kid {jealous}, so cupcakes don't really excite him.
But you can tell, he enjoyed the singing!







This little one, on the other hand, asked ALL DAY for a cupcake.
Finally, wish granted.


I took sister for a ride because we knew she'd never fall asleep.
Look at how tightly she twisted her hair!

Miles spent the night, and the boys stayed up late watching Jurassic Park.
And building more Legos.

Even though he's 7, I love that he wanted to come fall asleep in my lap.
This mama's heart is full! My biggest baby snuggled next to my littlest.

And just like that, we have a 7 year old! {Well, 7 years and 6 weeks at this point, ha.}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get people who don't like sweets, but definitely wish I was more like them! Looks like he had a great day! - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

Looks like it was a great day!