Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Double Movie Review: War Dogs & Bad Moms

Brent and I have a running joke that this summer is 'The Summer of Brent'. I'm getting a baby, he's getting a summer...seems fair to me. {grin} However, this past week became 'The Week of Allena'. I saw not 1 but 2 movies! Allison and I hit up War Dogs on Thursday, and then some book club ladies and I saw Bad Moms on Sunday.


Plot: Based on the true story of two young men, David Packouz and Efraim Diveroli, who won a $300 million contract from the Pentagon to arm America's allies in Afghanistan.
Review: Allison and I initially wanted to see Ghostbusters, but the times were all off for when we could go, so we randomly picked this since our theaters were all doing a sneak peak. We both really enjoyed it! It was definitely a dramedy with a mix of jokes, action, suspense, and drama. Jonah Hill was phenomenal in his role, and the story was really great! 
Rating: B+

Half of our book club ladies ready for Bad Moms {and amazing pizzzzza!}


Plot: When 3 overworked and under-appreciated moms are pushed beyond their limits, they ditch their conventional responsibilities for a jolt of long overdue freedom, fun, and comedic self-indulgence.
Review: HILARIOUS. So, so, so freaking hilarious. I don't remember the last time I laughed this hard at a movie, and all 4 of us were laughing that hard. 3 of us are moms and the other works with children, so this just nailed it time and time again. It had a little heart and even gave a real plot line so bonus points for that!
Rating: A+++++

I'm excited to turn it up a notch for movies over the coming months since Allison and I are going to have to hustle to start in on award season movies before I pop out another kid! So what should we go see next?

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Bad moms was hilarious!! My sister said that new movie with Meryl Streep is funny

Karen Peterson said...

I didn't get around to either of these. Guess I'll wait for Netflix.