Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Celebrating ME!

As I so shamelessly said last week, Friday was my birthday! I turned the big 3-6 {although I at first tried to make myself 38...apparently I am not smart enough to use Roman numerals}. I really just wanted a low-key day, and that is exactly what I wanted! If you've been reading my blog, you'll see that my 36th birthday was almost identical to 35 - I know what I like!

First, I took the kids to my in-laws for the day! It is the one day I year I want to be 100% selfish and not have to wipe any butts or cut up apples or clean messes. My in-laws are better than yours and they had a venti chai waiting for me. I definitely feel lucky to call them mine. 

After that I actually went to an event for a school we're considering for next school year. 3 in private school is likely not going to happen, BUT a charter Montessori school is set to open next year, and I was super excited to be able to go to an event and meet some of the founders. {Sidebar: I have a spreadsheet - nerd alert - with the schools I'm interested in, rates, pro and con list...isn't Brent so lucky to have this to analyze with me?}

THEN...the real fun started. First up, pedicure!

Nothing like a stranger rubbing your feet to make life feel fantastic.

When my toes were beautiful and my feet felt fabulous, it was time for lunch. For some reason, I always want zpizza on my birthday. It's easy, it's yummy, enough said.

I would say I only got this much food because it was my birthday.
That would be a lie!

Girlfriends who came to enjoy lunch with me!
Last year, I discovered Hula Cowgirl which is a local shaved ice place. It is AMAZING. Karin couldn't come to lunch, so she picked me up afterwards and we enjoyed a nice {hot} visit outside while slurping down our cream freezes.

Finally B was home! We went out to the country club for him to play a few holes {he left for a tournament at 5:30 Saturday morning, yuck}. It was like being back in college - I read a book while he was hitting, and then we visited in between shots, ha.

With a view like this, you almost forget it's 100 degrees outside.

He only played 6 holes {he just wanted to work some kinks out}, so we went home and showered and got purty for dinner. We tried a local place we hadn't been to before, George's on the Town. We both thought the appetizers and dessert were the best part of the meal, so next time we go, we're going to skip the entree and just get more apps! And I hope to be able to have a drink, ha.

I promise he loves me - he just hates selfies and social media.

To end the evening, my wedges broke on the walk back to the car - Brent and I got a good laugh out of this. Given these shoes are older than Trent, I guess they served their purpose. But I too was pretty spent by this point and after reading for a bit, I called it a night!


Here's to a great start to 37!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an awesome birthday!! Love you! Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad you had a great day! -AP

Emily said...

First of all, belated happy birthday. Secondly, I still have my spreadsheet that analyzed all aspects of our daycare decision. Nerds unite!