Friday, August 19, 2016

Baby Smoochie - 24 Weeks

Yesterday marked 24 weeks or 60% through this pregnancy. My next appointment starts the 3rd trimester with the glucose test. Crazy that we're already at this point...yet we still have almost 4 months to go! I saw Dr. Campaigne today who I just love, and she made me feel so good - as usual - about everything!


How far along: 24 weeks

Size of baby: 11 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 pounds

Weight gain: 23 pounds - I wasn't surprised by this but not real happy about it {9 pounds since my last appointment}. Considering we went to San Diego and celebrated my birthday I wasn't real surprised. Dr. C wasn't concerned and actually said that it is really common to have one 4-week increment see an 8-10 pound gain, and that it's problematic when it happens multiple 4-week increments in a row {which I haven't done}. She did talk about the fact that the baby gains the most weight typically between 28-34 weeks {I didn't know this}, so if I could tighten up my eating now and continue until about 34-36 weeks I will lower my chances of having a 10.5 pound baby {we joke but Trent was 8 1/2 pounds and Drew was 9 pounds...soooo...}. I had already been toying with the idea of doing Whole 30 or at least modified Whole 30, and she doesn't want me doing anything crazy but agreed getting rid of the simple carbs and sugars would be a really good idea. Carbs don't make me feel good and when I eat less I definitely feel better, so I am really motivated to clean this up NOW!

Awkward crazy eyed selfie alert! Just focus on the bump please. {grin}

Gender: Nope. I told Dr. C my theory about this baby's heart rate matching Drew's, and she said she puts very little stock in a baby's heart rate...so that just made for an interesting twist!

Maternity clothes: My sister found another box of maternity clothes when cleaning out some closets, so I scored some more cute stuff!

Movement: FINALLY! The baby moves every day and frequently. Just brings me such relief to feel those flutters, kicks, and punches. I'm at the stage where that is definitely what I'm feeling, but it doesn't hurt.


Sleep: Much better than it's been. I don't have nearly the trouble falling asleep that I was and I'm sleeping more soundly. I am a lot hotter now though, so I wake up often uncovered or with just the sheet on which is not like me. Brent says I am snoring a lot. Payback's hell, honey!

Symptoms: Still some sciatica, loss of breath, a little bit of acne, still nothing super crazy.

Cravings: JUNK! But see 'Weight Gain' above and my plan to do way better! Time will tell...


What I miss: I really wanted to take a few baths recently. And a cold glass of wine or a mixed drink would be so nice. We had a book club pool party last weekend, and I really would have loved a glass of wine. I brought kombucha and then spilled 3/4 of it while in the pool. Sigh.

Best moment of the week: Just all the movement and finding out a friend is giving us her infant carrier/stroller! I always love the chance to listen to Smoochie's perfect heartbeat. I forgot to ask Dr. C what the bpm was.

Worst moment of the week: Nothing too bad I can think of. I think the worst thing is just how out of breath I am and how much weight I've gained!


Other random stuff: We finished Drew's big girl room, and I can't wait to show you pictures! I needed to get that done to feel ready to tackle the nursery. So that will be next on my list. This is probably right about when we finished Trent's big boy room when pregnant with Drew, so I'm nothing if not consistent!

Belly-button watch: More out than in.

Love all my bumps! I still think this one is biggest but starting to close in on Drew's.


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

So glad you're feeling more movement!! how fun :)

Emily said...

I laughed out loud at the 10.5 lbs baby comment since Aaron was a 10.5 lbs baby! I gained 40 lbs, didn't exercise, and ate whatever. Some moms just have big babies but mine was just laziness. With Oliver I did so much better and he was only 7.5 lbs.